Cytinales (Rafflesiales split)

Peter Stevens peter.stevens at MOBOT.ORG
Sat Nov 6 12:04:43 CST 2004

>Actually, if you had looked at APG II (Bot. J. Linn. Soc., in 2003),
>you would have found Apodanthaceae resuscitated (unplaced at end),
>not that APG would claim omniscience.  Cytinaceae were placed in
>Malvales on http://www.mobot.org/MOBOT/research/APweb/ two weeks ago
>(but there is clearly much more sampling to do), and maps for all
>are following today...

And, speaking of Malvales, there are very interesting developments in
the Dipterocarp area, with ectomycorrhizae  being found in more and
more taxa, and some thought-provoking relationships being suggested
(see Ducoussu et al. in Molec. Ecol. 13: 231).

P.