paraphyly and polyphyly

Wed Nov 10 14:38:22 CST 2004

I think the paper Tom Lammers is remembering was one written by George
Estabrook on the idea of "convex phenetics."
See Syst. Zool. 35: 560-570.  I also think it has merit.

Cheers,

Dick

--
Richard J. Jensen              | tel: 574-284-4674
Department of Biology      | fax: 574-284-4716
Saint Mary's College         | e-mail: rjensen at saintmarys.edu
Notre Dame, IN 46556    | http://www.saintmarys.edu/~rjensen