Two injured whooping cranes were actually "shot"

Curtis Clark jcclark-lists at EARTHLINK.NET
Wed Nov 10 20:59:13 CST 2004

on 2004-11-10 16:19 Ken Kinman wrote:
> A group of hunters has reportedly admitted to accidentally shooting
> at the group of "three" whoopers.  Whether the third whooper escaped
> unharmed is unclear.

"33.3% of the test group died from the injuries, 33.3% survived, but
with permanent disability, and the third one got away."

(With apologies to, I believe, an ancient CBE style manual.)

Web Coordinator, Cal Poly Pomona                 +1 909 979 6371
Professor, Biological Sciences                   +1 909 869 4062