Pierre Bonnet's Petition to the Commision

Ken Kinman kinman2 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Nov 12 14:43:54 CST 2004

Hi Robin,
      Do a google search for Carl Alexander Clerck, or just Carl Clerck.  Lots of sites with information about his studies of spiders and butterflies, and even about correspondence with Linnaeus.  One link indicates that he was a tax official at one time.  Unfortunately the more complete biographical accounts seem to be in Swedish.
       ---- Happy reading,
                        Ken
Robin wrote:
     Now all I have to do is dig up information on Charles Clerck himself. He was a naturalist, keen on spiders, a member of the Swedish Academy of Sciences, and a good friend of Linnaeus. Born in 1710, died in 1764.  That is all I know.  Anyone else know more, or where to get more information on Charles Clerck? Robin