Whooper; Canadian geese split; paraphyly.

Curtis Clark jcclark-lists at EARTHLINK.NET
Wed Nov 17 22:53:02 CST 2004

on 2004-11-17 08:15 Thomas G. Lammers wrote:
> That to me is the saddest thing about cladistic methods for inferring
> evolutionary history: they seem so divorced from the population level
> phenomena that we know drive speciation.

They are divorced as well from community ecology, big-bang cosmology, or
organometallic chemistry. I expect students to know that evolutionary
processes are not uniform at all levels of organization; I believe I
should be able to expect the same of my colleagues.

Web Coordinator, Cal Poly Pomona                 +1 909 979 6371
Professor, Biological Sciences                   +1 909 869 4062