neospecies

Ron at Ron at
Thu Nov 18 15:43:02 CST 2004

I am editing a paper utilizing the term "neospecies".   I am interested in
how those here define and thus apply this term to a give taxon.  Is this a
new species (of recent evolutional origin), a pseudo species (not yet a
species), or what.   If there is some standardized definition of this I'd
like to know.   My concern is that different readers will take this to mean
different things.   The authors apply this to a full species that may have
originated from a "recent" past hybridization.

Ron Gatrelle