neospecies

Chani chani at SIFY.COM
Sat Nov 20 21:22:45 CST 2004

What is being discussed is nothing new to biology, botany in particular.
 Comparatively recent species (what is being highlighted as neospecies) are
 common feature in apomictic genera such as Taraxacum, Euphrasia, Alchemilla
 to name a few. Amphiploids of recent origin are aslso known in Tragopogon
 and Senecio. Such species, largely because they did not have time to move
 out of the parent area have long been known as 'neoendemics' where the term
 is better suited to differentiate from paleoendemics.
 Gurcharan

Neospecies