Faculty Position in Evolutionary Biology and the Health Sciences

DR Lindberg drl at UCLINK.BERKELEY.EDU
Tue Oct 5 09:15:13 CDT 2004

THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA AT BERKELEY

Department of Integrative Biology

Faculty Position in Evolutionary Biology and the Health Sciences

Position ID #915

The Department of Integrative Biology at the University of California,
Berkeley, is seeking a scientist for a tenure-track position (Assistant
Professor) in evolutionary biology and its interface with biomedicine and
the health sciences. We seek a colleague to join a department with a strong
multidisciplinary emphasis, and to help the Berkeley campus develop its
Health Sciences Initiative.  Applicants with a Ph.D. and an exceptional
research record in the emerging field of evolutionary biology in medicine
will be given serious consideration.  Representative areas of research
include the evolution of antibiotic resistance, comparative genomics and
animal models of human disease, parasite and pathogen dynamics in ecological
and evolutionary contexts, and population-level genetic aspects of disease.
Candidates will be required to contribute to our undergraduate and graduate
teaching program in one of our organismal-level undergraduate courses as
well as in their specific area(s) of expertise and develop a new course in
evolutionary biology and the health sciences.

Interested applicants should send their CV, including a bibliography of
published work, a brief description of research accomplishments and
objectives, a statement of teaching interests, selected reprints, and
arrange to have three letters of reference sent to:

Chair, Evolutionary Medicine Search Committee
Department of Integrative Biology
3060 Valley Life Sciences Building
University of California
Berkeley, CA  94720-3140 USA

Applications must be postmarked by November 8, 2004.

Applicants should refer their reviewers to the UC Berkeley Statement of
Confidentiality at   http://apo.chance.berkeley.edu/evalltr.html.

The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer.