genus Heteropsis

Doug Yanega dyanega at UCR.EDU
Tue Oct 12 10:29:48 CDT 2004

Hi, all. I've come across something I'm having trouble with. There is
a nymphalid genus Heteropsis Westwood 1850 and - apparently - a genus
Heteropsis Guenée 1857 (which I presume is also a lepidopteran), AND
a New Zealand weevil genus Heteropsis (it's also a plant genus, but
that's irrelevant).  Using the web, and my literature at hand, I'm
unable to track down what the Guenée name applies to, or the author
of the weevil genus, and whether either of the two latter names are
presently treated as valid. Anyone able to help out?

TIA,

Univ. of California - Riverside, Riverside, CA 92521-0314