TAXACOM Digest - 26 Oct 2004 to 27 Oct 2004 (#2004-239)

James Bass jim.bass at VERIZON.NET
Thu Oct 28 12:16:16 CDT 2004

Ken,
A month or so back, in an interview on National Public Radio (U.S.), an
environmental epidemiologist
(whose name I didn't get) said that of the current major "threats"
(SARS, HIV/AIDS, avian flu, etc)
the one that scared him most was West Nile virus.  His reasoning was
that it quickly mutated to previously
unexpected vectors (species) and the possibility of greater threat may
be yet to come.

Perhaps a search of the NPR archives would reveal more.
Jim