new hominid

Thomas G. Lammers lammers at UWOSH.EDU
Thu Oct 28 11:51:01 CDT 2004

At 11:28 AM 10/28/2004, John Grehan wrote:
>Looks like nature has popped out another 'anomaly' with the discovery of
>an 18,000 year-old diminutive hominid on the island of Flores. I haven't
>seen the article yet, but there is a news bulleting at:

Isn't it interesting how so many mythological creatures that recur across
many cultures seem to have factual antecedents that predate recorded
history?  Dragons seem a lot like dinosaurs, sasquatch / yeti seems a lot
like australopithecines, and now we have a leprecaun / elf / gnome sort of
fossil.

I don't even want to venture what this might mean beyond coincidence.

Thomas G. Lammers, Ph.D.

Department of Biology and Microbiology
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Oshkosh, Wisconsin 54901-8640 USA