Religious Right pushes for "Academic Freedom" inteaching as wellas Professional Society

Frederick W. Schueler bckcdb at ISTAR.CA
Wed Apr 6 23:09:55 CDT 2005

christian thompson wrote:

> >From Nature, tomorrow (7 April, 434: 686),
> They also include a clause about professional
> societies, like Entomological Society of and Biological Society of
> Washington. These bills would require professional organization to:
>
> "...maintain a posture of organizational neutrality with respect to the
> substantive disagreements
> that divide researchers on questions within, or outside, their fields
> of inquiry ..."
>
> So, who needs "peer-review," just publish anything researchers submit,
> etc.
>
> I wonder whether list-servers should be included too!

* and churches? Organizational neutrality with respect to substantive
disagreements that divide researchers within or outside their fields
might do a lot of them a lot of good.

fred.