Aglaia (Meliaceae) - request for electronic specimen data

Caroline Pannell caroline.pannell at PLANTS.OX.AC.UK
Tue Feb 1 09:13:52 CST 2005

As part of an effort to make the results of my work on Aglaia (Meliaceae) more
easily interpreted and accessible to others interested in the genus, I am
assembling collection data into a BRAHMS database.  May I ask anyone who has
field notes of Aglaia collections in any electronic format if they would be
willing to send them to me for incorporation into our database? I intend to use the
data to produce an identification list and distribution maps, which will then be made
available to the donating institutes and individuals for upgrading their identifications
and knowledge about species distributions. We may put the
Aglaia database online as for example on

http://herbaria.plants.ox.ac.uk/bol/?pinus

and

http://herbaria.plants.ox.ac.uk/bol/?seabcin

If we do, data sources will be cited.