Names for BioDiv Informatics

Robinson, Nigel nigel.robinson at THOMSON.COM
Wed Feb 2 08:42:26 CST 2005

Just to clarify - The Index to Organism Names database, formerly referred to
as TITAN does still exist and contains all animal names recorded in
Zoological Record from Volume 115 forward, some 1.3 million names,
reflecting the literature of 1978 onwards. These names are taken as given in
the literature and have the Zoological Record taxonomic hierarchy added.

We are in the process of extracting names from the pre 1978 Zoological
Record to allow inclusion of names appearing in the literature from 1970-77.
These names will be added very soon.

In addition there are ~400,000 names from the CABI Index Fungorum and
AlgaeBase.

To access the list See http://www.biosis.org.uk/ion

Nigel
Nigel J Robinson (Director, Operations & Development)
Thomson Zoological Ltd
Innovation Centre, York Science Park, Heslington, York  YO10 5DG
United Kingdom
Tel +44 (0)1904 435113 (switchboard); +44 (0)1904 435115 (direct)
Fax +44 (0)1904 435114
www.thomson.com/scientific; www.biosis.com