Fickle fate of NHMs

Sendall, Kelly RBCM:EX KSENDALL at ROYALBCMUSEUM.BC.CA
Wed Feb 2 08:25:45 CST 2005

Hello Marta,

Your concern for the fate of university based natural history museums, and
many other NH museums otherwise, is important to me too. In fact, there is a
concerted effort by the SPNHC (Society for the Preservation of Natural
History Collections) to address this problem. If you are not a member, you
should be. The cost is about 30.00 US a year. The society is actively
concerned in such matters and you should be on board. Most of the membership
consists of conservators, collection managers, curators and museum
management types from the USA, Canada, and the UK. Please see the SPNHC web
site at http://www.spnhc.org/ and seriously consider becoming a member.
European museums need to better represented in the SPNHC. The next annual
meeting is in London at the NHM in June, I believe. As this is the first
annual meeting not in North America, I am certain there will be a good
showing of European museum workers.

Sincerely,

Kelly Sendall
Senior Collection Manager,