Non-lethal pitfal traps in caves??

Robin Leech releech at TELUSPLANET.NET
Wed Feb 9 19:23:14 CST 2005

2 topicsCan anyone help here?
Robin Leech

        I also have some insect/invert sampling questions for you.  I am looking for a methodology to trap insects within cave systems that limits the lethal component of many pitfall traps.  Parks Canada would prefer I maintain the biological components at the same level by finding some form of replacement technique within sensitive ecosystems; I agree with this position.  I am focused on terrestrial (ground dwelling) organisms of the floor community within Alberta Caves for a biodiversity project in and around Jasper National Park.  Any revelations in this area?  Please let me know at your earliest convenience.  Thanks again Robin.
Dave C