Imaging system

John Grehan jgrehan at SCIENCEBUFF.ORG
Thu Feb 10 15:16:44 CST 2005

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions about what might be
considered 'state of the art' for computer based imaging systems that
can be linked to microscopes, macro lenses etc with a freeze frame
camera, digital capacity including scaling, measurements etc., and
produce publication quality pictures. I would need to limit myself for
what is available in the US.

Some years ago I used a system known as Paxit which along with a Sony
movie camera, microscope attachments and computer, cost about $25,000.
If there are other widely used systems that could be brought to my
attention, or any comment on Paxit in that regard in terms of utility,
quality, scope, and cost, I would be very interested in feedback. As I
am looking to get something for our institution I am starting afresh so
far as knowledge about what is out there and who may supply it.

John Grehan

Dr. John R. Grehan

Director of Science and Collections

Buffalo Museum of Science1020 Humboldt Parkway

Buffalo, NY 14211-1193

email: jgrehan at sciencebuff.org

Phone: (716) 896-5200 ext 372

Panbiogeography