NOT-inflated Family Staphylinidae

John Grehan jgrehan at SCIENCEBUFF.ORG
Sun Feb 13 00:19:50 CST 2005

Ashley,

List discussions may often revolve around one or two correspondents, but that of itself does not necessarily mean that the discussion is not pertinent or even of general interest, and neither does it mean that such a discusison is private (most discussions in science are emotionally charged - even when they pretend otherwise - if one didn't care enough to have an emotional perspective one would not bother to communicate with anyone). I've seen a number of discussions by a few individuals which bore me to death, but I am sure they were of great interest to others (just as I am sure some of my contributions bored others to death as well). Since you did not subscribe to TAXACOM to read emotionaly-charged correspondence, what did you subscribe for? And what have you contributed so far? Just curious.

John Grehan

________________________________

From: Taxacom Discussion List on behalf of chapterandverse
Sent: Sat 2/12/2005 5:53 PM
To: TAXACOM at LISTSERV.NHM.KU.EDU
Subject: Re: [TAXACOM] NOT-inflated Family Staphylinidae

Dear John,

I feel sure I speak for others, when I write that I did not subscribe to
TAXACOM in order to read what amounts to an emotionally-charged private
correspondence between two individuals scientists, which should be kept
between themselves.

Your messages should have long since been mailed to one another privately,
but I suspect that once you had both got a firm grip, neither of you were
prepared to let go, and both wished that your captive audience should not
see that one or the other of you were backing down.

I do not think your last correspondent intended to restrict the scope of
TAXACOM, just to re-direct it onto its right a proper course.

Yours Sincerely

Ashley H. Kirk-Spriggs