Advice on Temperature and Humidity Control

Carroll, Susan suec at CALM.WA.GOV.AU
Fri Feb 25 11:22:44 CST 2005

Dear All

The Western Australian Herbarium (PERTH) is planning to build a new herbarium. To provide the highest level of protections and preservation of the specimen collection we are currently researching Temperature and Humidity control. It is envisioned that these controls will protect the fragility of the collection and inhibit insects and eliminate the need for fumigation.

We would appreciate feedback on any recent research on this subject and any problems herbaria might have encountered trying to achieve optimal conditions for their collections.

Sue Carroll
Database Manager
Western Australian Herbarium
http://science.calm.wa.gov.au/herbarium/ <http://science.calm.wa.gov.au/herbarium/Ph>
Ph. (08)9334 0121 Fax. (08)9334 0515
Email: suec at calm.wa.gov.au

This email, together with any attachments, is intended for the
addressee only. It may contain confidential or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify
the sender, delete the email and attachments from your system and
destroy any copies you may have taken of the email and its attachments.
Duplication or further distribution by hardcopy, by electronic means
or verbally is not permitted without permission.