Vernacular concepts

Ron at Ron at
Mon Feb 28 17:49:20 CST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Robin Leech
Subject: Re: Vernacular concepts

The thing that makes a vernacular name reliable is the same thing
that makes a scientific name reliable - that everyone  who
uses the name, be it vernacular or scientific, has the same
organism in mind.
Robin Leech
*********

Sounds like an intelligent design :-)  Well, at least this reads like about
the most concise and best point on this thread so far - to me.

Cheers
Ron Gatrelle

PS  Just don't ask someone in western Canada where to find the Monarch
butterfly if one is seeking that black and yellow striped thingy we call the
Tiger Swallowtail south of the border.