Duplicate taxonomic names

Thomas G. Lammers lammers at UWOSH.EDU
Thu Jun 2 12:31:57 CDT 2005

At 12:19 PM 6/2/2005, Richard Jensen wrote:

>As I recall, sometime during the past year there were some postings to
>taxacom providing examples of identical botanical and zoological taxonomic
>names.

Somewhere (probably in some BioCode discussion somewhere), I came across
the fact that the following seven generic names apply to plant, animal, AND
microbe (all three codes):
Catenococcus, Kingella, Microcyclus, Moorella, Morganella, Rhodococcus, Rothia.

Thomas G. Lammers, Ph.D.

Department of Biology and Microbiology
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Oshkosh, Wisconsin 54901-8640 USA