Lamarcjk is alive and well

Michael Vincent vincenma at MUOHIO.EDU
Wed Jun 8 08:21:02 CDT 2005

I find Mr. Grehan's statement greatly disturbing.  The only way to combat
such false knowledge and misinformation is BETTER EDUCATION about
evolution, not its elimination!  One reason for the sorry state of science
education in the United States is the watering down of of science classes
and the perceived need for the "masses" to control what is taught.

M.A. Vincent

At 08:07 AM 6/8/2005 -0400, John Grehan wrote:
>I sometimes think that evolution in this form (natural selection
>fantasies that verge on mysticism)is little better, if better at all,
>than creationism and I sometimes wonder whether school students would be
>better off with no evolution education in schools at all.
>
>John Grehan

Dr. Michael A. Vincent, Curator
W.S. Turrell Herbarium (MU)
Department of Botany