Museum Informatics Job Announcement
Weitzman.Anna at NMNH.SI.EDU
Mon Jun 13 10:01:33 CDT 2005
Apologies for cross-posting. Please circulate widely.
The Informatics Branch of the Information Technology office of the National
Museum of Natural History (NMNH) expects to fill one (or more) positions.
The position is open for applications as of 10 June 2005 and will close on 1
A summary of the position follows. The full announcement with duties,
qualifications, and information about how to apply can be found at
http://ohr.si.edu/vaclib/sivacancy.cfm under 05JW-1141 IT Specialist. The
position is located at NMNH's main building in Washington, DC.
- supports the Research & Collections Information Systems (RCIS) which uses
KE Software's Electronic Museum (EMu) software
- assists with user and operations training, including in reports
development in Crystal Reports
- assists with analyzing data structures in current systems and developing
data reconfiguration plans for migration to RCIS
- coordinates and/or assists with development and maintenance of user and
help desk documentation
- tests EMu upgrades and deliverables, including customization and other
changes to the system
Anna L. Weitzman, Ph.D.
Informatics Branch Chief, National Museum of Natural History
Smithsonian Institution, PO Box 37012
Natural History Building, Room 544, MRC 136
Washington, DC 20013-7012 U.S.A.
phone: (202) 633-0846
fax: (202) 786-3180
email: weitzman at si.edu
electronic Biologia Centrali-Americana -
More information about the Taxacom