Molecular Laboratory Manager/Technician position opening
tzanoni at NYBG.ORG
Thu Jun 30 08:06:31 CDT 2005
Qualified candidates may mail applications to the Human Resources
Department or leave them with the receptionist. Application deadline
for this position is until filled.
TITLE DEPARTMENT SALARY POSITIONS
Laboratory Manager/ Science Commensurate 1
Technician With Experience
* B.A. or M.S. in Biology or Chemistry
* Experience with standard molecular biology techniques including
nucleic acid extraction, PCR, cloning, automated DNA sequencing, etc. or
a willingness to be trained in these techniques.
* Excellent organizational skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To assist the PIs, postdoctoral research associates, visitors, and
graduate students involved in the Garden's Lewis B. and Dorothy Cullman
Program for Molecular Systematics Studies with their research and to
keep the molecular systematics laboratory operating at its maximum
* Maintaining inventory and ordering chemicals as well as other
* Training visitors and students in the basic techniques of
molecular biology including DNA extraction, gene amplification (PCR),
purification, and automated sequencing, among others.
* Producing and implementing standard laboratory protocols.
* Coordinating and maintaining a database of plant tissue and DNA
* Processing loans of DNA samples when requested.
* Assisting the principal investigators in the program with
personal research activities.
* Experimenting with new techniques, products, and technologies as
they become available.
Announcement initially posted 16 June 2005
Application forms available from the Human Resources Department, New
York Botanical Garden, 200th Street at Southern Blvd., Bronx, NY
10458-5126, tel. 718-817-8744, where they should be directly submitted.
Do not send applications nor request information from T. Zanoni
Thomas A. Zanoni
New York Botanical Garden
200th Street at Southern Blvd.
Bronx, NY 10458-5126, USA
email tzanoni at nybg.org
tel. (718) 817-8651
fax (718) 817-8809
Herbarium Collections Manager for Loans and Types
Editor of Vascular Plants, Flora Neotropica Monographs
More information about the Taxacom