Amborella

Thomas G. Lammers lammers at UWOSH.EDU
Wed Sep 21 08:20:58 CDT 2005

At 08:10 AM 9/21/2005, Michael Vincent wrote:
>Dear TAXACOM subscribers:  Does anyone know of Amborella plants for sale or
>trade?  Does anyone know where I might be able to get an Amborella
>herbarium specimen?  I'd love to have one for Plant Systematics classes.

With it's new-found fame as the first branch of the angiosperm tree, it
seems to me that some entrepreneurial type could start a regular cottage
industry growing and selling specimens of this for exactly this
purpose.  You are surely not the only taxonomy instructor thinking this way!

Yeah, if you find one, LMK -- I'd like one too!

Thomas G. Lammers, Ph.D.

Associate Professor and Curator of the Herbarium (OSH)
Department of Biology and Microbiology
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Oshkosh, Wisconsin 54901-8640 USA

e-mail:       lammers at uwosh.edu