Untimely death of Mr. Anthony B. Katende (Ugandan taxonomist)

Samson Gwali gwalis at YAHOO.CO.UK
Mon Sep 5 08:46:44 CDT 2005

Dear all,

It is with great sorrow that I announce to the wider taxonomist community the death of Mr. Tony B. Katende. He has had the grandfather stature to all the young and upcoming taxonomists, always willing to give time and advice and willingly making identifications without the usual beauraucracies. He surely will be missed for his very wide knowledge of the Ugandan flora, as there is currently no one else in Uganda to match his expertise.

There goes a huge library of taxonomic knoweldge!

Fare thee well Tony. RIP.

Samson Gwali
Department of Environmental Forestry
Nyabyeya Forestry College