Job Vacancy

Steve Cafferty S.Cafferty at NHM.AC.UK
Thu Sep 8 11:44:41 CDT 2005

The Natural History Museum

Bryophyte Database and Digitisation Technician

£22,228 p.a. – London

The Museum is seeking a research assistant to work in their Department of Botany.  This will be a 1- year fixed term post to database and digitise all its African Bryophyte type specimens as part of an internationally collaborative project.

You will have a degree or equivalent experience in biological sciences or a related discipline, and experience of working with biological collections and appropriate database and digitisation software. Other desirable qualities include specific experience of working with bryological collections in a taxonomic environment, a good knowledge of geography, and an understanding of plant nomenclature and typification.

You will have the ability to work in a focused manner with close attention to detail, be responsible and committed, and have a positive and enthusiastic attitude.

In return you will receive generous holiday entitlements of 27.5 days, the opportunity to subscribe to sports & social activities and join a generous pension scheme.

Further information is available from Steve Cafferty via email steve.cafferty at nhm.ac.uk

For further information and details of how to apply, please send an A5 SAE (1st class) to The Natural History Museum c/o Tribal Resourcing,The Atrium,Wollaton Street, Nottingham NG1 5FW or email:NHM at tribalresourcing.com

Please quote reference:  NHM/BDT/SB.

Closing date: 21 September 2005

To confirm receipt of your application call the Museum response line on 0870 241 9031 between 11am to 2pm Monday to Friday only.  No telephone requests for details will be accepted.

At the Natural History Museum we value the diversity of our employees and the unique perspectives they bring to our business.