Fwd: AIBS and NSC Alliance Sign Strategic Agreement

Margaret K. Thayer mthayer at FIELDMUSEUM.ORG
Thu Sep 22 13:03:04 CDT 2005

This message just posted on PERMIT-L is likely to be of interest to
many (especially, but not only, North American) subscribers to
Taxacom.  This partnership sounds like an excellent idea, and I hope
the two organizations working together may be able to work with our
federal government, in particular, to alleviate some of the serious
regulatory problems (including wildlife import/export regulations and
shipping ethanol-preserved specimens) that increasingly hinder
domestic and international collaboration among natural history
collections and scientists.

Margaret Thayer

Margaret K. Thayer, Ph.D.               mthayer at fieldmuseum.org
Associate Curator, Zoology -- Insects   FMNH personal web
page:   http://tinyurl.com/4g4zz
Field Museum of Natural History          FMNH:  http://www.fieldmuseum.org
1400 South Lake Shore Drive               Beetle Tree of Life
project: http://beetletree.org/
Chicago IL 60605-2496, USA
PHONE: +1-312-665-7741 (direct-dial)
FAX: +1-312-665-7754
Austral Staphylinidae project, including Staphyliniformia databases:
         http://www.fieldmuseum.org/peet_staph/