Genera with many species

Thomas G. Lammers lammers at UWOSH.EDU
Mon Sep 26 09:03:25 CDT 2005

At 07:03 AM 9/26/2005, peter.stevens at MOBOT.ORG wrote:
>"Short of the death penalty, there will always be lumpers and
>splitters" (Davis and Heywood, p. 85).

On my first trip to Hawaii to study lobelioids, some wiseacre asked me if I
was a lumper or splitter.

I replied, "Neither ... I do it RIGHT!"

:-)

Thomas G. Lammers, Ph.D.

Associate Professor and Curator of the Herbarium (OSH)
Department of Biology and Microbiology
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Oshkosh, Wisconsin 54901-8640 USA

e-mail:       lammers at uwosh.edu