Computer program for plotting distributional data.

Marc Branham MABranham at IFAS.UFL.EDU
Mon Sep 26 13:27:48 CDT 2005

Hello All,

I am looking for a computer program that will plot points (collecting
localities) on maps of  various regions of the world by entering lat. and
long. coordinates. I know of several programs that will work for areas
within the United States, but I need one that also covers regions outside
of the U.S.. Ideally, I would like the output to be points plotted on a
black and white line drawing of map showing political boundaries.

I know that ArcView can do this, but that it is very expensive and has a
steep learning curve. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions?

Best wishes,

Marc

Marc Branham, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor