Computer program for plotting distributional data.

Arthur Chapman taxacom2 at ACHAPMAN.ORG
Mon Sep 26 15:07:33 CDT 2005

Marc

I recommend you try Diva-GIS.  It was developed for just this purpose.  Version 5.2 has just been released.

This is a free GIS program, very easy and intuitive to use and includes some good documentation.

It also includes some inbuilt bioclimatic modelling algorithms, and has recently incorporated some very useful data quality checking routines (e.g. some outlier detection algorithms that use climate to detect outliers.

It can be downloaded from www.diva-gis.org  This site also includes some good data layers that will make your work very easy.

cheers

Arthur D. Chapman
Australian Biodiversity Information Services.