Should we ditch inf(r)ageneric ranks?

Ken Kinman kinman2 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Sep 26 22:21:48 CDT 2005

Kevin,
     I'd have to go with Option 2.  Not only do I dislike infraranks, but it also would not make much sense to just do the job (eliminating paraphyly) "halfway".  If you are going to eliminate the paraphyly of Banksia, it would be short-sighted to maintain any infrataxa of Banksia that will most likely still prove to be paraphyletic with respect to the Dryandra group.   I would personally be quite happy with Banksia (sensu lato) split into species groups (which I could code cladistically to show their interrelationships).
   ----Cheers,
            Ken Kinman