AW: global warming and extinction, is there a model?

Donat Agosti agosti at AMNH.ORG
Wed Sep 28 20:31:48 CDT 2005

Email: agosti at amnh.org

Switzerland
+41-31-351 7152

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Taxacom Discussion List [mailto:TAXACOM at LISTSERV.NHM.KU.EDU] Im
Auftrag von Curtis Clark
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 28. September 2005 07:17
An: TAXACOM at LISTSERV.NHM.KU.EDU
Betreff: Re: global warming and extinction, is there a model?

On 2005-09-27 11:11, Hans Henderickx wrote:
> In the media possible mass extinction is
> predicted without accuracy and there are lots of surrounding articles,
> usually alarming, all over the internet

It's hard to imagine that global warming will add more than a blip to
the current mass extinction (although I can imagine scientists fifty-odd
million years from now speculating that, since it was more or less
coincident with a global temperature increase, that must have been the
reason for the mass extinction).

Web Coordinator, Cal Poly Pomona                 +1 909 979 6371
Professor, Biological Sciences                   +1 909 869 4062