Corals devastated in Caribbean

Ken Kinman kinman2 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Apr 3 21:02:37 CDT 2006

Dear All,
     I would think it would be increasingly difficult for some U.S. leaders to keep saying global warming needs additional study BEFORE we act (after all, the Caribbean is in our backyard).  Seems like some are doing the equivalent of fiddling while Rome burns, except in this case the damage being done is more insidious and on a worldwide scale.  In tomorrow's New York Times:

Corals Take Double Punch in Caribbean
By KENNETH CHANG
Published: April 4, 2006
Unusually warm water last summer followed by a wave of disease has killed a sizable fraction of the corals in parts of the Caribbean.