Are species real?

Francisco Vergara-Silva f.vergarasilva at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 12 17:00:04 CDT 2006

Hi all,

considering B. Baum's post, I thought some of you would like to look into
the following links available at the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
internet site (or the literature cited therein) -

"Scientific Realism" (UK mirror site first, USA site last)
http://www.seop.leeds.ac.uk/entries/scientific-realism/
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/scientific-realism/

"Rationalism vs. Empiricism"
http://www.seop.leeds.ac.uk/entries/rationalism-empiricism/
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/rationalism-empiricism/

Have fun. Cheers,

/Paco

--
Francisco Vergara-Silva

 Departamento de Biología Evolutiva, Instituto de Ecología, A. C.
 Carretera Antigua a Coatepec 351 (Km 2.5), Congregación El Haya,
 Xalapa 91070, Veracruz
 MEXICO
 tel. (52) 228 8421800 ext. 3011

currently @ Department of Botany, Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road