Are species real?---tuatara

Geoff Read g.read at NIWA.CO.NZ
Thu Apr 13 14:21:05 CDT 2006

Ken is right. One only Sphenodon left is the latest verdict. And if he had to
find that paper on the web after being 'challenged' as it were I'm impressed.
Just relying on searching on S. guntheri for the most modern opinion (as I
did) doesn't cut it.

Hay et al. 2004: "Allozymes clearly differentiate S. guntheri from all other
populations (Daugherty et al, 1990), whereas mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA)
sequence groups S. guntheri among other nearby islands in Cook Strait (Hay et
al, 2003)."

--
  Geoff Read <g.read at niwa.co.nz>
   http://www.annelida.net/