Are species real?

Don.Colless at CSIRO.AU Don.Colless at CSIRO.AU
Fri Apr 14 12:06:16 CDT 2006

Re Paco's post: You might also try the Oxford Dictionary of Philosophy, the Cambridge Dictionary of Philosophy, and the Oxford Companion to Philosophy. And have fun. But I told you so!!!!!!!!!

Don Colless,
Div of Entomology, CSIRO,
GPO Box 1700,
Canberra. 2601.
Email: don.colless at csiro.au
Tuz li munz est miens envirun

-----Original Message-----
From:   Taxacom Discussion List on behalf of Francisco Vergara-Silva
Sent:   Thu 4/13/2006 12:00 AM
To:     TAXACOM at LISTSERV.NHM.KU.EDU
Subject:             Re: Are species real?
Hi all,

considering B. Baum's post, I thought some of you would like to look into
the following links available at the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
internet site (or the literature cited therein) -

"Scientific Realism" (UK mirror site first, USA site last)
http://www.seop.leeds.ac.uk/entries/scientific-realism/
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/scientific-realism/

"Rationalism vs. Empiricism"
http://www.seop.leeds.ac.uk/entries/rationalism-empiricism/