more phantom names = ?Conclusions

Tue Apr 18 17:32:24 CDT 2006

I agree with Chris Thompson on his sentiments below, with just one comment
on this:

"[The phantom name] has been marked as a database artifact in ITIS"

This is exactly the sort of thing I meant in my past comment on this thread.
That is, once it makes it into some semi-authoritative/public database, it
makes no sense to *delete* it (and thus have to figure it out again if it
happens to ever be encountered somewhere) -- but rather flag it for what it
is, and make it effectively "disappear" (only showing up if someone
specifically looks for it, for example).

Aloha,
Rich