Insect taxonomist job in NHM London

Dave Roberts dmr at NHM.AC.UK
Mon Apr 24 16:37:11 CDT 2006

Dear all,

We seek an insect taxonomist to work on EDIT, the European
Distributed Institute of Taxonomy, a Network of Excellence funded by
the European Commission with the aim of better integrating the effort
of taxonomists across Europe. A potential target taxon is Lepidoptera
and, therefore, a lepidopterist is preferred, however, other insect
taxa are not excluded at this stage. The successful applicant will be
a key member of the workpackage entitled ‘Unifying revisionary
taxonomy’, the aim of which is to encourage expert taxonomic task
groups to migrate taxonomic data to an internet platform being
constructed in a related workpackage. The successful candidate will
help develop an expert network of taxonomists for the target taxon so
as to facilitate the posting of descriptive taxonomic data on the
internet. This will take the form of web revisions, a taxonomic
knowledge base or both.

Details can be found at

http://www.jobsgopublic.com/

and search for "Insect Taxonomist"

Briefly the post is 4.5 years starting this August.

I'd be grateful if you would draw this to the attention of anyone
that you
think might be interested.

Cheers,  Dave

--
Dr D.McL. Roberts,        Tel: +44 (0)20 7942 5086
Dept. Zoology,             Fax: +44 (0)20 7942 5054
Great Britain             Email: d.roberts at nhm.ac.uk
Web page: http://www.nhm.ac.uk/zoology/extreme.html
--
Higher education enables you to get into more intelligent trouble.