Taxonomists and Users: two species that rarely meet

Fabian Haas haas.smns at NATURKUNDEMUSEUM-BW.DE
Tue Apr 25 11:47:12 CDT 2006

Dear All,

based on discussions and experiences I could make on COP8 I wrote down
some thoughts about:

    Taxonomists and Users: two species that rarely meet

http://www.gti-kontaktstelle.de/TaxUsers.html

I always was surprised to see that both users and taxonomists constantly
and almost obstinately fail to communicate. This text should shed some
light on this situation. I dont think it is a 'final' text, so new ideas
and hints are always welcomed. Please feel free to send the link to
others, and sorry for double posting!

Best
Fabian

Dr. Fabian Haas, FRES
Staatliches Museum für Naturkunde Stuttgart
Rosenstein 1
D-70191 Stuttgart
Deutschland / Germany / Allemagne

Nationale Kontaktstelle der Globalen Taxonomie Initiative (GTI)
German National Focal Point of the Global Taxonomy Initiative (GTI)
email: haas.smns at naturkundemuseum-bw.de

Phone: 0711 8936 172
Fax: 0711 8936 100

The Site on Earwig Biology

My Photo Site

GfBS - Gesellschaft für Biologische Systematik
AG Marketing für Taxonomie

Staatliches Museum fuer Naturkunde Stuttgart