Collecting insects in the Caribbean

Edwards, G.B. edwardg at DOACS.STATE.FL.US
Thu Apr 27 16:28:34 CDT 2006

I'm sure there are lots of people who would like to know this information, so please reply online.

--
G. B. Edwards, Ph.D.  [Your Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman]
Curator: Arachnida (except Acari), Myriapoda, Terrestrial Crustacea, Thysanoptera
Florida State Collection of Arthropods, FDACS, Division of Plant Industry
P.O.Box 147100, 1911 SW 34th St., Gainesville, FL 32614-7100 USA
(352) 372-3505 x194; fax (352) 334-0737; edwardg at doacs.state.fl.us

-----Original Message-----
From: Taxacom Discussion List [mailto:TAXACOM at LISTSERV.NHM.KU.EDU] On Behalf Of Nico Franz
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2006 1:40 PM
To: TAXACOM at LISTSERV.NHM.KU.EDU
Subject: [TAXACOM] Collecting insects in the Caribbean

Dear all:

   I am looking for information - contact addresses of researchers,
websites of managing institutions, etc. - regarding permits for
collecting and exporting insect in various Caribbean islands,
particularly Cuba, Jamaica, Haiti, the Dominican Republic, and
Guadeloupe. Please contact me (preferably off-list) if you've had recent
experiences in these regions. Many thanks!

Nico

Nico M. Franz
Assistant Professor & Curator of Entomology
Department of Biology
University of Puerto Rico
PO Box 9012
Mayag├╝ez, PR 00681

Phone: (787) 832-4040, ext. 3005; Fax: (787) 834-3673; E-mail:
franz at uprm.edu
Website: http://www.uprm.edu/~franz/