[Taxacom] EPDM vial stoppers (or others)

colin favret crf at uiuc.edu
Fri Apr 28 21:42:10 CDT 2006

Dear Taxacomers,
	Does anyone know of a supplier of EPDM stoppers for insect specimen
vials? West Pharmaceuticals, our previous supplier, stopped making
them. I know that some formulations of EPDM melt spontaneously, but
we have had much success with them and would like to continue using
them. If we can't find a supplier, what other kinds of stoppers have
you used and what would you recommend? For various reasons, using
screw-cap vials or a vials-in-jar system are not practical. Thanks
much for any advice you might have.

Cheerio, colin

Colin Favret, Insect Collection Manager
Illinois Natural History Survey