[Taxacom] Vascular plants in ex situ collections

Vitor Miranda vmiranda at umc.br
Thu Aug 17 11:33:34 CDT 2006

Dear Steve,

Very interesting your suggestion; at the site is possible to achieve
many taxa cultivated in ex situ collections (despite of particular
informations on the sources are hidden).
But, have you ever (or anyone from this list) received material from
this path? I noticed that BGCI contact the sources to a possible
donation - for me the only clear point. Do you have any experience on that?
Thank you very much for the suggestion.
All the best,
Vítor.

Clemants, Steve wrote:

>Guido
>
>I am not sure how many species are in ex situ collections but this link
>to BGCI's plant search can give you an idea of the species held in
>botanical garden collections.  http://www.bgci.org/plant_search.php/
>
>Steve Clemants

Vítor Fernandes Oliveira de Miranda
Professor Assistente
Universidade de Mogi da Cruzes - UMC
Laboratório de Sistemática Vegetal
Herbarium Mogiense - HUMC (Sala 21.16 - Prédio II)
Av. Dr. Cândido Xavier de Almeida Souza, n.200
CEP 08780-911 - Moji das Cruzes - SP - Brasil
Tel.: +55 (11) 4798-7000 Ramal 7313
http://www.umc.br/~vmiranda/lsv
e-mail: vmiranda at umc.br