[Taxacom] Authorities for trinomials

Paul van Rijckevorsel dipteryx at freeler.nl
Thu Aug 24 15:09:20 CDT 2006

I am not sure I follow this.

Art 24-27 cover the names of infraspecific taxa

Art 46-50 deal with author citation, and Art 46.1 states that author
citation is about "the author of the name concerned". When the name is a
trinomial, it is the author of the trinomial that is to be cited.

However:
* Aus bus var. bus Smith 1820
* Aus bus var. bus Jones 1821
* Aus bus var. cus Miller 1822
is not allowed: Aus bus var. bus is an autonym (Art 26.1): so it can have
only one type (that of Aus bus) and has no author. So correctly it is:
* Aus bus var. bus
* Aus bus var. cus Miller 1822
With a total of two types involved

It all looks perfectly clear, but perhaps I am missing something here?
Best, Paul