[Taxacom] Authorities for trinomials

Richard Zander Richard.Zander at mobot.org
Fri Aug 25 16:15:17 CDT 2006

Actually, there have been efforts to associate the citation of authority
names with the need to find where the names were published. This has
been squashed, I understand, in favor of giving "credit." Thus, any one
authority may well be someone's work buried in a large publication that
usually listed under another author's (or editor's) name. An authority
is given, as far as the Code is now concerned, not a hint of place of
publication but for a bit of recognition. This is too bad.

******************************
Richard H. Zander
NOTE: NEW PHONE NUMBER 314-577-0276
Missouri Botanical Garden