[Taxacom] base alignment

Jaakko Hyvönen jaakko.hyvonen at helsinki.fi
Fri Aug 25 10:55:32 CDT 2006

Dear John, as a suitable entry to this topic I would recommend the following:

Wheeler, W. C. 2005. "Alignment, Dynamic
Homology, and Optimization." pp71-80 in
Parsimony, Phylogeny, and Genomics. V. A. Albert
eds. Oxford University Press, Oxford.

or the older article:

Phillips, A., D. Janies, and W. C. Wheeler. 2000.
"Multiple sequence alignment in phylogenetic
analysis." Mol. Phyl. Evol. 16:317-330.

if you don´t have access to these publications
you can download them in pdf-format from Ward
Wheeler´s homepage
http://research.amnh.org/scicomp/ward_wheeler.html

there you will find also many other articles (and software) about this topic

hope this helps, all the best, jaakko

--
Jaakko Hyvönen
Plant Biology (Biocenter 3), PO Box 65, FIN-00014 UNIV. HELSINKI, FINLAND

e-mail      jaakko.hyvonen at helsinki.fi
phone cell +358-(0)50-5171184
facsimile  +358-(0)9-19157788

http://www.helsinki.fi/~jhyvonen