[Taxacom] base alignment

John Grehan jgrehan at sciencebuff.org
Tue Aug 29 10:56:20 CDT 2006

----Original Message-----
> From: Richard Jensen [mailto:rjensen at saintmarys.edu]
> Then you are not doing science. Good science requires clear
documentation
> and explicit definitions, particularly when dealing with fundamental
> concepts whose meanings have "evolved", misunderstood, or co-opted by
> others.
>
> Dick J

Sure, and that's what I try to do as much as anyone else when I publish.
If I could not I could not get published. The reviewers of the Mona Lisa
smile seemed to be ok with the documentation and terminology used.
Pierre does not like my terminology because it is not used by the
"majority". By that criterion I should reject Croizat's definition of
dispersal and restrict myself to the Darwinian definition simply because
there are more dispersalists than panbiogeographers.

John