[Taxacom] Orangutans and molecular issues

John Grehan jgrehan at sciencebuff.org
Wed Aug 30 13:48:18 CDT 2006

I can see that some of the discussion relating to cladistics and
molecular characters starts getting pretty hairy after a while. Some of
that may be my fault for not being an algorithm theorist. While I argue
for particular views I am also aware of the possibility of revising
those views as I dig further into the matter. Even though the
discussions with Pierre seem to go around in circles, there are elements
of useful information for me. I've got plenty of interesting reading
that I hope to digest in a few days. I'll spit out a summary of points
and conclusions and see what can be made of those by those on the list
who are interested to comment.

John

Dr. John R. Grehan

Director of Science and Collections

Buffalo Museum of Science1020 Humboldt Parkway

Buffalo, NY 14211-1193

email: jgrehan at sciencebuff.org

Phone: (716) 896-5200 ext 372

Panbiogeography