[Taxacom] (Fwd) Dichotomous key software

Karl Magnacca kmagnacca at alumni.wesleyan.edu
Wed Aug 30 16:15:56 CDT 2006

On Wed, August 30, 2006 1:25 pm, Mary Barkworth wrote:
> I agree with your comments about paper re computer based keys. I think
> what has thrown people off is the request for software.  We prepare keys
> the for the Flora North America grass volumes in word, based on one that
> Kay Yatskievych designed. I do not think that software would be easier.

I think it's much easier to write the keys in Excel.  By using cell
references you can add or rearrange couplets with a minimum of disruption
to the rest of the key.  It can then be pasted into a Word file formatted
with the tabs and so on set up.  If anybody's interested I can send the
template files.

Karl