photo manipulation

Karin Kiontke kk52 at NYU.EDU
Fri Mar 24 12:52:01 CST 2006

Hi Paul,

there are professionals who do this kind of work for magazines and
books, like for instance these people:
They manipulate the photos with computer programs.
I bet that they started out using photoshop but may have moved on to
different software by now.


>Changing the recent threads abruptly, I am wrestling with a problem
>I'm sure others have dealt with.  One often sees former black/white
>photos reproduced in various science magazines in blazing color, esp.
>SEM & TEM photos.  I assume this is done with Photoshop in some way.
>Can someone give details on how this is done?
>Paul E. Hargraves
>"Schau auf zu den Sternen, hab acht auf die Gassen" [-W. Raabe, 1831-1910]
>"Eamus, O Celtae; Eamus, O Tibialia rubentia" [anonymous, 64 B.C.]

Dr. Karin Kiontke
Dept. of Biology
New York University
100 Washington Sq. E
New York, NY 10003

phone: (212) 998 8253
fax:      (212) 995 4015

More information about the Taxacom mailing list